Sunday, February 7, 2010

UNDERDOGS UNITE!!!!

Anyone who knows me knows I am not a rabid sports fan. When the hype was building over the superbowl, I knew early on I was on the side of the Saints. I was delighted when President Obama went out on a limb stating his support of the team. Some criticized his choosing a favorite, but as he stated "I'm for the underdog". This summed up my sentiments exactly. New Orleans needed a boost; the establishment needed to be shaken up; and after hearing "Maja- Rushie" wax eloquent over the unlikelihood of the Saints coming up with a win I was more adamant in my support than I have ever been over a superbowl team.

So here's the challenge to Kansas Democrats: if the Saints can fight their way back from a ten point deficit against an award winning quarterback, then we should take heart and be willing to stand up for our beliefs. Democrats are engaged in a contest against a potential governor who votes against a bill that includes huge amounts of earmarks he boasts of benefiting Kansas. Ditto for the darling of the conservatives who wants to be our next senator. Both are affiliated with a radical group that has co-opted religion for political means. A Hutchinson legislator who has been the subject of charges of nepotism is now set to benefit financially by representing some of his generous donors in a suit he has filed against our state! It is time for Democrats to stand up and fight for honest, capable leadership in Kansas. No doubt about it - we are the underdogs. We have the talent, we have the incentive now we need the will to win!

No comments: